Skip to main content

Fairlawn/Akron-area Photographer: Broken Road Images


Fairlawn/Akron-area Photographer: Getting to Know Broken Road Images!

Hi!  I'm Kelley Brubaker, the woman behind Broken Road Images!  Welcome to my world!

First, a little about me personally...

I was raised to not brag.  🤦 So, this page on my website is by far the hardest for me to write.  Where should I start?  How about a few fun facts about me?

1 - I'm obsessed with Friends reruns!  I watched every episode in real time (or on my VCR if I had other plans on a Thursday night) when the show first aired, but the episodes are timeless and classic.  I love that I can pull up any episode at will on Netflix!  Isn't that "kick you in the crotch, spit on your neck fantastic"?!

2 - Amazon Prime is my kryptonite!

3 - I have a handful of favorite movies that I can never pass up watching when they are on TV: Father of the Bride, A Christmas Story, When Harry Met Sally, Top Gun, Dirty Dancing, any John Hughes movies from the 80s, The Devil Wears Prada, and Pretty Woman.

4 - No matter what I'm doing or where I am, there are a few songs that always (happily) stop me in my tracks: In My Life (Beatles), Good Riddance (Green Day), just about every song from Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw, Matchbox 20 or Nickleback 😳, and, of course, Bless This Broken Road (Rascal Flatts).

What else?  I am a lifelong resident of Northeast Ohio.  I was raised in Doylestown, Ohio, went to college at the University of Akron, but I now call Bath, Ohio my home. 

Although I have lived here my entire life, I love to travel to meet clients for on location shoots because I always end up discovering new and amazing places! 

My photography studio began with a focus on nature and still life photography, but I have since expanded my portfolio to include portraits and events.  

My favorite portraits are candid and posed-to-not-look-posed shots.  I love when fur babies are included in sessions!  

I am honored when I am asked to capture memories at special occasions like baby showers, pumpkin picking, Christmas tree cutting, and gender reveals!  

I am a member of Bath Business Association, a local group of business owners who work or reside in Bath, Ohio, and I volunteer with the PTA at my girls' schools. 

When not working or spending time with my family, I relax by crafting, running, practicing yoga, hiking, kayaking, and practicing Taekwondo--watch out! I'm almost a Black Belt!!

Now, what about my photography...

Families, Couples, Kids, & Pets Photography

I love shooting portraits: candid and posed-shots-that-don't-look-posed photos.  If you are looking for in-studio purposely posted photos, I'm not your girl (and that's OK!!!).

I find that every session is unique, but generally, the types of pictures I try to capture include:
  • group (with movement and also stationary)
  • individual shots
  • subgroups (kids without adults, adults without kids, pets without humans, etc)
  • kids/pets with select adults (eg., kids with Mom, kids with Dad)
  • candid group shots
  • poses/configurations you request not yet covered
For candid group shots, these generally involve family rituals, games and even inside family jokes!  


Event Photography

Event planning can be overwhelming and stressful but party time is your time to shine! Don't stress about capturing those special moments of your event! Let me do the work for you while you enjoy your party. Types of parties include (but not limited to):


  • graduation party
  • baby shower
  • bridal shower
  • reunion
  • girls night out
  • sports event
  • retirement party
  • gender reveal 

But, my only rule for your event is...JUST. HAVE. FUN.


୫  ୫  ୫  ୫  ୫

My mission with photography is to capture the moments of your life: belly laughs, smiles, excited faces, hugs, tears of joy, and loving glances.  Let's have some fun!  Click on the button below to schedule your photo shoot with me.  It's quick and easy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Things I'm Loving Right Now: Summer 2019 Edition

I have a guilty confession to make...here are my top three things I'm loving right now! BH 90210 - The Beverly Hills 90210 reboot series has only aired a few episodes and I'm so thrilled with how they did it!  It's not a typical reboot that picks up almost 30 years after the original series ended.  The original cast play themselves in a distorted reality-based way.  If you were a fan of the original, it's worth checking out this reboot!  "The Art of Racing in the Rain" (Movie Edition) - OK - I'm a "This is Us" fan (Milo 😍).  And, I love dogs (especially golden retrievers)....and well, I love Kevin Costner and Ferraris too!  But, I finally had a chance to watch this in the theater and let's just say I'm so very glad there were only a few other people in the theater as I silently sobbed from the first 30 seconds to the very last 30 seconds.  I have not read the book.  So, I don't know how they compare, but this movie was so beauti

12.31 | December 2018

Monthly Update ~ New Photos Posted and BIG news!! December 2018 The BIG news: our new studio!!!!!  We are excited to announce that we have moved into a studio!!!  We now have a wonderful home that is perfect for us!!  The studio is located in Ghent at 788 Wye Road, Akron, Ohio 44333.  While we are still moving in and making it our new home, we are scheduling studio sessions! Below are a few of our favorite pics from the month of December, but you can check out all of our new photos posted in our  online galleries  which are sorted with the most recently uploaded photos appearing first. Enjoy! ~ Kelley Check Out New Photos Now!

The Generation Without A Photo Album?

As I work on the business plan for my photography studio, I am stuck on defining my target client.  Which has me thinking: do I completely write off Generation Z as a bad fit for my studio?   The fact that Gen Z has always owned electronic devices with cameras installed and their devices are always "connected" so their photos and videos can easily be shared with family and friends on a variety of social media accounts with one touch, leads me to conclude that these are not my target clients.  But, it's hard to write off a potential 73 million clients that easily! Surely, the easier and cheaper it has become to take photos in the digital age, we seem to take more photos than the film generations before us did.  The very nature of the film age of photography required photographs to be printed to be shared!  And even in the early days of digital photography, photographs were still being routinely printed for albums and wall art.  Combined with cheap storage options (eg,