Skip to main content

Decorate the Walls: 3 Reasons to Print Your Photos!

A picture is worth a thousand words.


Hanging pictures on the wall is natural; cavemen and Egyptians were decorating the walls of their caves and pyramids thousands of years ago.  And, although the type of memories hung on a home's walls has evolved with technological advances from hieroglyphics to paintings to photographs, the reason for the pictures is the same: memories.

We live in a digital age.  With so many digital devices within reach all day long that help us take more pictures than ever before, we end up with thousands of photos stored on our phones and computers and less photos printed.

But, here are 3 reasons that your photos should be printed:

(1)
Photographs capture a moment in time.  With thousands of photos on our phones and computers, printed photographs hung on the walls of our homes are easily identified by our family and friends as our favorite memories; printed family photographs instantly become heirlooms to our children.

(2)
Moreover, psychologists have found that homes with family photographs hung on the walls have children who grew up with greater confidence and sense of belonging than those who didn’t. These children also had a better understanding of where they came from and a stronger feeling of value.

(3)
Adults benefit too.  When you receive bad news or are having a bad day in general, just a glance at your photographs immediately brightens your day.  It's not a solution for world peace but it's a boost that can help you manage the rest of your day.


୫  ୫  ୫  ୫  ୫

My mission with photography is to capture the moments of your life: belly laughs, smiles, excited faces, hugs, tears of joy, and loving glances.  Let's have some fun!  Click on the button below to schedule your photo shoot with me.  It's quick and easy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Things I'm Loving Right Now: Summer 2019 Edition

I have a guilty confession to make...here are my top three things I'm loving right now! BH 90210 - The Beverly Hills 90210 reboot series has only aired a few episodes and I'm so thrilled with how they did it!  It's not a typical reboot that picks up almost 30 years after the original series ended.  The original cast play themselves in a distorted reality-based way.  If you were a fan of the original, it's worth checking out this reboot!  "The Art of Racing in the Rain" (Movie Edition) - OK - I'm a "This is Us" fan (Milo 😍).  And, I love dogs (especially golden retrievers)....and well, I love Kevin Costner and Ferraris too!  But, I finally had a chance to watch this in the theater and let's just say I'm so very glad there were only a few other people in the theater as I silently sobbed from the first 30 seconds to the very last 30 seconds.  I have not read the book.  So, I don't know how they compare, but this movie was so beauti

12.31 | December 2018

Monthly Update ~ New Photos Posted and BIG news!! December 2018 The BIG news: our new studio!!!!!  We are excited to announce that we have moved into a studio!!!  We now have a wonderful home that is perfect for us!!  The studio is located in Ghent at 788 Wye Road, Akron, Ohio 44333.  While we are still moving in and making it our new home, we are scheduling studio sessions! Below are a few of our favorite pics from the month of December, but you can check out all of our new photos posted in our  online galleries  which are sorted with the most recently uploaded photos appearing first. Enjoy! ~ Kelley Check Out New Photos Now!

The Generation Without A Photo Album?

As I work on the business plan for my photography studio, I am stuck on defining my target client.  Which has me thinking: do I completely write off Generation Z as a bad fit for my studio?   The fact that Gen Z has always owned electronic devices with cameras installed and their devices are always "connected" so their photos and videos can easily be shared with family and friends on a variety of social media accounts with one touch, leads me to conclude that these are not my target clients.  But, it's hard to write off a potential 73 million clients that easily! Surely, the easier and cheaper it has become to take photos in the digital age, we seem to take more photos than the film generations before us did.  The very nature of the film age of photography required photographs to be printed to be shared!  And even in the early days of digital photography, photographs were still being routinely printed for albums and wall art.  Combined with cheap storage options (eg,