After booking a session, the biggest issue I hear from my clients is deciding what to wear or bring to their session. Well, here's some of my top tips to fix that dilemma!
୫ ୫ ୫ ୫ ୫
What To Wear
- Keep clothing simple. Try to choose solid colors for your photo session.
- Make sure you coordinate clothing from head to toe with everyone in your group.
- Darker clothing slims. Choose shades of black, brown, blue, dark green and other jewel-toned colors.
- Scoops or v-necks flatter shorter necks and full faces. Turtlenecks or high-necked garments flatter longer necks and slender faces.
- Keep clothing consistent. Dress everyone in your group in the same style. Don't mix casual and formal clothing in photos.
- Add accents. Show your style in small accents. Save stronger colors and patterns for accessories like scarves and neckties.
- Consider the background of your photos especially for indoor photos. For example:
- Wear light on white. Light pastel or white clothing looks best against a light-colored or white photography background.
- Wear dark on dark. Dark clothing looks best against darker backgrounds and creates a more formal mood.
Bring Props!!Props add in your personality. While I have props in my studio that you are welcome to use in your session, bring your own props for a personal touch. Consider items such as:
- A favorite stuffed animal
- Favorite food or snack
- Baby blanket
- Family memorabilia
- Hand knit sweaters, scarves, leggings, baby booties
- Artwork created by your little one(s)
- Bows, ribbons and other hair accessories
- Grandma’s old costume jewelry
- Sports items or jerseys
- Religious items or outfits
- Special toy or toy collections
- Musical instruments
My mission with photography is to capture the moments of your life: belly laughs, smiles, excited faces, hugs, tears of joy, and loving glances. Let's have some fun! Click on the button below to schedule your photo shoot with me. It's quick and easy!